Non Motor Claims
Upon the occurrence of any event giving rise to or likely to give rise to, under the certificates, the insured shall:
- Give immediate notice in writing via email or via telephone or by letter to OUIC stating the circumstances of the loss. No claim shall be deemed valid unless notice of loss is duly received by OUIC.
- Inform the police immediately and take all steps within your power to minimize the extent of loss or damage or protect the affected property from further deterioration.
- OUIC shall, at its discretion, determine whether a Loss Adjuster/ Surveyor are required to assess the loss or otherwise upon receipt of the loss notification.
- Preserve all parts affected and make them available for inspection by a representative or surveyor/adjuster appointed by OUIC.
- Furnish to OUIC all such particulars and documentary evidence to substantiate the claim. The Insured shall bear the expenses of all such particular of documentations to substantiate the claim.
- The Insured shall advise whether the interest and/or property were insured with other insurers and give details of such insurers.
- The Insured are not allowed to negotiate or agree to on payments or on repairs or to commit in any manner to any Third Party without the prior consent of OUIC.